PhD Phys&Math, Atm.Sci. (2002), MSc Envir.Model. (1998), BSc/MSc Atm.Sci. (1991)
Alexander Mahura has more than 25 years of research experience; his fields of research are modelling of atmospheric processes and transport of pollutants (including radionuclides) on local-meso-regional-hemispheric scales, risk assessment, road weather forecasting, on-line integrated meteorology-chemistry modelling at urban scales, atmospheric chemistry, birch pollen modelling, numerical weather prediction, statistics; consulting/co-advising students BSc/MSc/PhD on relevant research projects/theses; co-author of over 300 sci.-tech. publications, incl. 5 books and about 50 peer-reviewed papers; worked in Russia (Leningrad/St.Petersburg, Apatity), USA (Fairbanks, Seattle), Austria (Laxenburg), France (Nantes), and Denmark (Copenhagen); since 2000 has been involved in many international projects such as AR-NARP, FARECS, INTAS, FP5 FUMAPEX, FP6 Enviro-RISKS, FP7 (MEGAPOLI, TRANSPHORM, MACC, MarcoPolo), Horizon2020 (ESCAPE), Nordic (NordRISK, CEEH, RSF, NetFAM, fsRSF, MUSCATEN, CarboNord, CRAICC-PEEX), TEMPUS QualiMet & CombatMeteo, EU COST Actions (-728, -EUPOL, -ENCWF, -EuMetChem), HIRLAM, HARMONIE, EnviroChemistry & EnviroAerosols on ECMWF HPC, and other projects.
- Involvement/Participation in On‐going & Completed Projects (pdf)
- Peer‐Reviewed Articles/ Chapters/ Books (pdf)
- Referenced Abstracts/Proceedings from Presentations at Conferences (pdf)
- Scientific/ Technical Reports & Contributions to Reports (pdf)
- Other Presentations (at workshops/meetings/seminars/…) & Publications (in journals/newsletters/…) (pdf)
- Students: Teaching/ Co‐advising/ Consulting (topics of …) (pdf)